We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
Adult Social Care Data Collections
Data Provision Notice to require the submission of data from councils with adult social services responsibilities (CASSRs) to enable key aspects of the provision of adult social care to be assessed, at both national and local levels.
The data to be collected under this Notice is to enable key aspects of the provision of adult social care services across England to be assessed, at both national and local levels.
The data collected relates to several themes such as: activity, finance, safeguarding and user experience. The data is collected by Councils with Adult Social Services Responsibilities (CASSRs) in 2 ways:
- through their case management and administration systems and then submitted annually to NHS Digital
- through nationally defined surveys which are administered by the CASSR and then submitted to NHS Digital.
This DPN replaces the September Letter that has previously been issued annually to inform Councils with Adult Social Services Responsibilities (CASSRs) of data submission deadlines and any collection changes.
The current adult social care data collections are:
- (A) Adult Social Care Finance Return (ASC-FR)
- (A) Deferred Payment Agreements (DPA)
- (A) Registered Blind and Partially Sighted collection
- (A) Short and Long Term (SALT) activity return
- (A) Safeguarding Adults Collection (SAC)
- (I) Guardianship under the Mental Health Act 1983
- (I) Mental Capacity Act 2005, Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS)
- (S) Personal Social Services Adult Social Care Survey, England (ASCS)
- (S) Personal Social Services Survey of Adult Carers in England (SACE).
- aggregated (A) counts of service users, carers, and events
- individual client level (I) collections
- surveys (S).
Scope of the collection
This Notice is served on:
- All Councils with Adult Social Services Responsibilities (CASSRs).
Period of the collections
Key collection dates will be issued to participating CASSRs on an individual basis.
A full timetable is made available to all users and can be accessed through our main information page for Adult Social Care.