Normal operation mode
The prescription tracker allows you to look up information about an EPS prescription by searching for it. The image below shows the normal operation mode search screen.
Use the prescription ID search by entering or copying and pasting the prescription ID from the clinical system or prescription token.
Use the date range search and enter the NHS number for a single patient search. Tick the 'my site' box to limit the search to show prescriptions for your site only.
Business Continuity Mode
The tracker’s Business Continuity Mode allows community pharmacy users to view prescription information such as medication details. This can be used to aid clinical decision making when the pharmacy dispensing system is not available, but the site still has an HSCN connection.
Business Continuity Mode should only be used when the site is in a real business continuity situation:
- Business Continuity Mode is accessed using 'Change Mode' feature
- it provides access to prescription content information (some functionality is unavailable to locum users)
- a Spine alert is generated and sent to the governance person of the affected site each time Business Continuity Mode is entered, providing robust data security
It also includes the following features:
- personal declaration confirming responsibility for entering Business Continuity Mode
- locum 'find a site' feature
- enhanced level of information on patient, organisation and prescription details
- a 'search for a patient' feature, which can be used to find an NHS Number.
Information for system suppliers, NHS area teams and integrated care systems (ICSs)
The tightened RBAC controls may mean that your Registration Authority (RA) sponsor may need to take action to ensure existing users retain access.
All system supplier, area team and ICS users who require access to the tool will require users to have one of the following activities included in their user role profile:
- B0278 'Perform Prescription Preparation'
- B0570 'Perform Pharmacy Activities'
- prescribing system supplier organisations - have B0278 added to their user role profile
- dispensing system supplier organisations - have B0570 added to their user role profile
- NHS area team or ICS organisations - have B0570 added to their user role profile
No action is needed for users in prescribing and dispensing sites.
Last edited: 22 August 2023 4:15 pm