About the electronic prescription tracker
The Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) Prescription Tracker allows staff working at prescribing and dispensing sites to check the status of a prescription. It can also be used to help pharmacy staff find an EPS prescription they need to dispense.
The tracker’s Business Continuity Mode allows community pharmacy users to view prescription information such as medication details. This can be used to aid clinical decision making when the pharmacy dispensing system is not available, but the site still has an N3/HSCN connection.
Business Continuity Mode should only be used when the site is in a real business continuity situation:
- Business Continuity Mode is accessed using 'Change Mode' feature
- it provides access to prescription content information (some functionality is unavailable to locum users)
- a Spine alert is generated and sent to the governance person of the affected site each time Business Continuity Mode is entered, providing robust data security
It also includes the following features:
- personal declaration confirming responsibility for entering Business Continuity Mode
- locum 'find a site' feature
- enhanced level of information on patient, organisation and prescription details
- a 'search for a patient' feature, which can be used to find an NHS Number.
Read the guidance about using the tracker in business continuity mode:
Last edited: 31 March 2020 1:37 pm