You might want to use this option to let a referrer know that the patient has not attended their appointment. Please refer to your local patient access policy to understand when to use this option.
To advise a referrer:
- Click on the UBRN
- From the Actions picklist, select Record DNA
- In the Record DNA screen complete the mandatory fields.
- These are Contact Attempt, DNA Reason (if not already completed), Send for Referrer Follow Up
- Complete the screens that follow and Save
The UBRN is removed from the Appointments for Booking worklist and will appear on the Referrer Action Required worklist at the originating referring organisation.
This does not close the referral but informs the patient’s referrer that they have DNA’d. This can be especially useful for vulnerable patients. The patients referring organisation can rebook an appointment, if necessary, when you use this option.
The other options available for DNA’d referrals are:
- No Further Appointment
this option removes the referral from the worklist and may be the option used most by your organisation
- Contact the Patient again after X days
the UBRN is removed from the worklist and will reappear in X days time (on the Appointment for Booking worklist), so will still need processing.
To process DNA’s using these options:
- complete the mandatory fields and select an appropriate Outcome reason
- Save and complete subsequent screens.
There is an optional Additional Comments textbox which will allow free text to be added. This is especially useful if you have any contact with the patient as you can record extra information about why they did not attend their appointment.
This diagram shows how a referral is processed for each of the possible Outcome options: