1. Before you start check if Google Chrome is already installed. You can do this by clicking on the start menu in the bottom left corner of the screen and type chrome. If a Google Chrome icon is displayed, then Chrome is already installed, and you can move onto the install the NHS Smartcard Tools extension. If Chrome is not installed, then continue onto the next step.
2. Open a web browser then copy and paste this URL https://www.google.co.uk/chrome/browser/desktop into the address bar and press the Enter key.
3. Once the Google Chrome download page has loaded, click the Download Chrome button to run the Chrome installer.
4. A terms of service prompt will be displayed asking you to agree to the terms. Click the Accept and install button.
5. The installer will be downloaded, and then a security prompt will be displayed asking if you want to run the installer. Click the Run button.
6. An access control prompt will be displayed asking if you want to run the installer. Click the Yes button.
7. The installer will now be downloaded and then started automatically. Once this has been completed Chrome will open.