DLP will also help standardise local data transfers nationally. It will allow recipient organisations to set up data specifications so the data can be validated automatically and downloaded by the recipient. If it fails validation the data sender will be informed, given a reason as to why the submission has been rejected so they can make any appropriate changes and resubmit the data. When a submission fails validation, it will not be stored by DLP.
DLP allows recipient organisations to set up data specifications to validate incoming data from providers so the data can be downloaded by the recipient or submitted if it's not validated.
The Data Landing Portal only accepts .csv submissions.
Read the DLP MESH setup guide to learn more about how to set up the Messaging Exchange for Social Care and Health (MESH) client to make data submissions to DLP.
Read the how to download DLP data using MESH guide to learn more about how to set up the Messaging Exchange for Social Care and Health (MESH) client to receive data transfers.
Read the Excel Guide for problems and workarounds when using Excel to create or open CSV files.
DLP is supported by Google Chrome (when installed with the Chrome extension) and Internet Explorer 11. Internet Explorer 8 will not be supported. Any SUS users still using Internet Explorer 8 and without access to either of these browsers are advised to arrange installation or upgrade as soon as possible.
The Data Landing Portal (DLP) is a separate service from the NDA 'Data Landing' service.
Service availability monitoring
If you experience issues with service availability, please refer to the service status webpage (N3 connection required).
To receive email notifications of high severity service incidents please complete the higher severity service incident communications request form.
If you have any other service issues, please raise a call with the national service desk.
Acceptable use statement
The Data Landing Portal (DLP) is owned and operated by NHS Digital. Access to and use of DLP is subject to the following terms and conditions which may be updated by us from time to time without notice to you, and all applicable laws.
NHS Digital offers DLP as a secure method to transport data between authorised submitters and receivers. By accessing DLP you agree to abide by these terms and conditions.
The NHS England national contract states:
"The provider must submit any patient-level data required in relation to local requirements reported locally via the Data Landing Portal in accordance with the Data Landing Portal acceptable use statement."
This acceptable use statement provides additional guidance for DLP submissions in relation to local requirements reported locally:
- providers must submit PCD patient level data, except backing data flowing directly into the CEfF, via DLP. CEfF flows should continue to use the approved CEfF email addresses
- pseudo@source patient level data is not required to flow via DLP
- aggregate data is not required to flow via DLP
- DSCROs will manage and process all PCD patient level local data flows that have been both specified in the Schedule 6 and agreed in the DSCRO SLA. Flows received by the DSCRO which have not been both specified and agreed will be deleted.
- DSCROs may accept additional flows via DLP. This is by local arrangement.
- if the DLP system is unavailable, providers should make local arrangements with the receiving DSCRO to provide the data.
DLP site usage terms and conditions
Access to DLP is only available by our express authorisation and only to those who have been assigned an account alongside the appropriate NHS identity or smartcard permissions for this service.
By using DLP you agree to abide by and to be bound by the terms and conditions identified in the DLP terms and conditions. You further agree that in being assigned a DLP account and in using this data transmission tool, you:
- are the sole user of that account
- are responsible for the user ID for that account
- will under no circumstances allow the user ID and authentication method to be shared with third parties, allow an unauthorised user to have access to DLP, or use the service for anything other than the permitted and originally intended business use
- may be granted access to one or more system access roles and you are restricted to only those roles
- are responsible for protecting the confidentiality and propriety of any documents or other material reviewed, downloaded or copied from DLP by you and are responsible for all content uploaded via DLP.
Any breach of these restriction may result in:
- immediate termination of your and your organisation’s access to DLP
- liability for damages; and/or
- the application of DLP usage fees, to be determined at NHS Digital’s discretion.
Please be advised that where a successful submission occurs, the data files stay on DLP for a period of 30 days from the date that they were put on the portal and then they are destroyed. This is not a remote storage server and files will be removed following 30 days in accordance with data retention policy agreed for DLP.
National Service Desk
Service desk arrangements are through the National Service Desk (NSD).
- NSD weblog tool (log in required)
- Or call on 0300 30 35 035
There are a number of documents in the help section which include guidance on how to register with the NSD. If you have issues using the weblog tool, or with registering please call the service desk.
This page contains details of planned outages and other announcements for the Secondary Uses Service SUS+ and Data Landing Platform (DLP) services.