The NHS Information Centre has updated the latest findings from last years 'Trends in Consultation Rates in General Practice' publication (published July 31st 2007) to include data from 2007-2008. The information is presented in two separate reports: one for the financial years 1995-1996 to 2007-2008 and one for the calendar years 1995-2007.
The objectives of these reports were to:
- describe the population and practices contributing to the analysis in terms of geographical location, list size and overall age-sex structure
- analyse trends in consultations by age and sex over each of the last 13 years
- estimate changes in the number of consultations nationally and for the typical general practice
- describe the pattern of consultations according to type of health profession (for example, GP or nurse)
- report on patterns of consultations according to where the consultation took place (home visit, telephone or in the surgery)