This statistical report presents information on obesity, physical activity and diet, drawn together from a variety of sources.
The topics covered include:
- Obesity related hospital admissions.
- Prescription items for the treatment of obesity.
- Adult obesity prevalence.
- Childhood obesity prevalence.
- Physical activity levels among adults and children.
- Diet among adults and children, including trends in purchases, and consumption of food and drink and energy intake.
Each section provides an overview of the key findings from these sources, as well as providing sources of further information and links to relevant documents and sources. Some of the data have been published previously by NHS Digital.
A data visualisation tool at the link below allows users to select obesity related hospital admissions data for any Local Authority (as contained in Excel tables 3, 7 and 11 of this publication), along with time series data from 2013/14. Regional and national comparisons are also provided.