This is a new statistical bulletin which presents for the first time a range of information on obesity, physical activity and diet, drawn together from a variety of sources. The topics covered include:
- overweight and obesity prevalence among adults and children
- physical activity levels among adults and children
- trends in purchases and consumption of food and drink, and energy intake
- health outcomes of being obese
- hospital admissions and prescriptions dispensed related to obesity.
The bulletin also summarises government plans and targets in this area, as well as providing sources of further information and links to relevant documents.