This publication provides a range of information relating to drug misuse drawn from a variety of sources. It focuses on England only where possible although some statistics are only readily available at GB or UK level, or for England and Wales combined.
Newly published data includes:
- Analyses of hospital admissions from NHS Digital Hospital Episode Statistics (HES).
The latest information from already published sources includes data on:
- Deaths related to poisoning by drug misuse from the Office for National Statistics (ONS).
- Adults receiving help for substance misuse from the National Drug Treatment Monitoring System (NDTMS).
- Adult drug use prevalence from the Home Office Crime survey for England and Wales (CSEW).
- Drug dependence from NHS Digital's Adult Psychiatric Morbidity Survey (APMS).
- Child drug use prevalence from the NHS Digital's Smoking, Drinking and Drug Use among young people (SDD) publication.
- Drug seizures from the Home Office.
Most figures quoted in this report have been rounded to the nearest whole number. Unrounded data may be found in related data sources. Financial year data (e.g. 2017/18) covers the period 1st April to 31st March.
More detail can be found in the source publications which contain a wider range of data and analysis.