This statistical report presents a range of information on drug use by adults and children drawn together from a variety of sources. It focuses on England only where possible although some statistics are only readily available at GB or UK level or for England and Wales combined. Some of this is new information whilst some has been published previously.
More detail can be found in the source publications which contain a wider range of data and analysis.
Newly published data includes:
- Analyses from NHS Digital Hospital Episode Statistics (HES).
The latest information from already published sources includes data from:
- The Office for National Statistics (ONS) on deaths related to drug misuse.
- National drug treatment monitoring system (NDTMS).
- Crime survey for England and Wales (CSEW).
- Adult Psychiatric Morbidity Survey (APMS),
- Smoking, Drinking and Drug Use (SDD).
- What About Youth (WAY).