For the first time, this annual statistical bulletin presents information on drug misuse among both adults and children. The topics covered include:
- prevalence of drug misuse, including the types of drugs used
- trends in drug misuse over recent years
- patterns of drug misuse among different groups of the population, including 'vulnerable groups'
- european comparisons of drug misuse
- drugs and crime
- health outcomes related to drug misuse including hospital admissions, drug treatment and deaths related to drug misuse.
The bulletin also summarises Government plans and targets in this area, as well as providing sources of further information and links to relevant documents.