This statistical report presents a range of information on alcohol use and misuse by adults and children drawn together from a variety of sources for England. It includes data from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) and Public Health England (PHE) which is being published on the same day as this report. More information can be found in the source publications which contain a wider range of data and analysis.
Newly published data includes:
· Alcohol related hospital admissions published by PHE in their Local Alcohol Profiles for England (LAPE) which uses data from NHS Digital's Hospital Episode Statistics (HES).
· Adult Drinking Habits published by ONS which is based on the Opinions and Lifestyles Survey (OPN).
· New analyses of data on deaths and affordability of alcohol, both from ONS.
· Information on the volume and cost of prescriptions from NHS Digital.
The latest information from already published sources includes:
· Health Survey for England (HSE).
· Smoking, Drinking and Drug Use (SDD).
· What About Youth (WAY).
· Family Food report from the Living Costs and Food Survey (LCFS).