This statistical report presents a range of information on alcohol use and misuse by adults and children drawn together from a variety of sources for England unless otherwise stated.
More information can be found in the source publications which contain a wider range of data and analyses. Newly published data includes:
- Alcohol-related hospital admissions published by PHE in their Local Alcohol Profiles for England (LAPE) which uses data from NHS Digital’s Hospital Episode Statistics (HES).
- New analyses of data on affordability of alcohol using already published ONS data.
The latest information from already published sources includes:
- Alcohol-specific deaths published by ONS.
- Information on the volume and cost of alcohol related prescriptions from NHS Digital.
- Adult drinking behaviours from the Health Survey for England (HSE).
- Child drinking behaviours from the Smoking, Drinking and Drug Use Survey (SDD).
- Road casualties involving illegal alcohol levels published by Department for Transport.
- Expenditure on alcohol from the Family Food report from the Living Costs and Food Survey (LCFS).