We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
Recorded Dementia Diagnoses England, 2019-20Official statistics
- Publication Date:
- 21 May 2020
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Clinical Commissioning Groups, Clinical Commissioning Regions, GP practices, Regions, Sustainability and Transformation Partnerships
- Date Range:
- 30 Apr 2019 to 31 Mar 2020
We collect and publish data about people with dementia at each GP practice, so that the NHS (GPs and commissioners) can make informed choices about how to plan their services around their patient’s needs.
This publication covers key facts taken from the monthly Recorded Dementia Diagnoses publications released between April 2018 and March 2019. The special topics covered in this publication include an ARIMA forecast of estimated diagnosis rate, as well as a closer look at the changes in diagnosis rate over the course of the year.
1. Estimated Dementia Diagnosis Rate 65+
2. CCG Level Changes in Diagnosis Rate
3. Diagnosis rate forecast using an ARIMA model
4. Dementia diagnoses in patients aged 0-65