This bulletin provides an overview of NHS prescriptions written by dentists and dispensed in the community. It is based on data supplied by the Prescription Services division of the NHS Business Services Authority. The bulletin looks at national level data for 2010 in terms of prescription items and Net Ingredient Cost (NIC) and looks at changes since 2005.
Prescribing by Dentists - England, 2010
This is part of Prescribing by DentistsOfficial statistics
- Publication Date:
- 25 May 2011
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Date Range:
- 01 Jan 2005 to 31 Dec 2010
- In 2010 5.1 million prescription items, at a Net Ingredient Cost (NIC) of £12.4 million were prescribed by dentists and dispensed in the community.
- This represents a 4.8 per cent rise in prescription items and a 19.7 per cent rise in NIC when compared to 2009.
- In 2010 prescribing of Controlled Drugs (Schedules 1-5) by dentists represented 0.09 per cent of all Controlled Drug items and 0.01 per cent of the total NIC for Controlled Drugs.
Last edited: 27 June 2018 9:15 am