The Surplus Land collection has existed since 2008 to provide information to the Department of Health, the Homes and Communities Agency and the Government Property Unit on sites that can be disposed of, thereby contributing to the Government Public Sector Land Disposal Programme. This is the second year the results have been published by NHS Digital. Information includes the total area of surplus land within the NHS, declared market value and value of land sold during the 2016/17 financial year.
Publication, Part of NHS Surplus Land
NHS Surplus Land 2016/17 England [PAS]Official statistics, Experimental statistics
- Publication Date:
- 16 Jun 2017
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Hospital Trusts
- Date Range:
- 01 Apr 2016 to 31 Mar 2017
- Of the 236 Trusts submitting a return, 161 reported having plots of surplus land and 75 reported that they had no surplus land.
- Overall, 543 plots of land totalling 1,332 hectares were declared as surplus to requirements (excluding plots declared as 'No longer surplus' or as 'Plots being retained to build key worker accommodation').
- Issues of sensitivity were declared in relation to 84 plots of surplus land.
Last edited: 11 April 2018 4:42 pm