We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
NHS Staff Earnings Estimates to June 2013 - Provisional, Experimental statisticsOfficial statistics, Experimental statistics
- Publication Date:
- 19 Sep 2013
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Date Range:
- 30 Apr 2008 to 30 Jun 2013
Following a consultation period the first data tables using the new methodology for NHS Staff Earnings data in England for Hospital and Community Health Service (HCHS) staff (excluding primary care staff) were published alongside those using the old methodology in September 2012. This publication is the fourth in a series that only contains data tables produced using the new methodology.
The data, which is published every quarter, covers the period from April 2008 through to 30 June 2013. We've taken pay data from all NHS organisations using the Electronic Staff Record (ESR) during the period. The methodology used to produce these estimates is available in the bulletin above. We have also published the response to the public consultation that closed on 29 June 2012.
As expected with provisional, statistics, some figures may be revised from month to month as issues are uncovered and resolved. No refreshes of the provisional data will take place either as part of the regular publication process, or where minor enhancements to the methodology have an insignificant impact on the figures at a national level. However, the provisional status allows for this to occur if it is determined that a refresh of data is required subsequent to initial release. Where a refresh of data occurs, it will be clearly documented in the publications.
We welcome feedback on the methodology and tables within this publication. Please send your comments and suggestions, clearly stating 'NHS Staff Earnings' as the subject heading through to [email protected] or 0845 300 6016.
- Provisional status
- This is the fourth publication of a quarterly series using the new methodology for NHS Staff Earnings data in England for Hospital and Community Health Service (HCHS) staff (excluding primary care staff)
- Full time series of provisional and experimental statistics based on the new methodology
- Our response to the consultation feedback is published
- New graphing tool allowing users to interpret pay distributions by staff group and SHA (graphing tool is available on the website in Excel 2010 format, Excel 2003 versions are available on request.)