Based upon payments to staff between October and December 2009 we present estimates of annual basic pay and total earnings for NHS staff groups (excluding GPs and high street dentists). We've taken pay data from all NHS organisations using the Electronic Staff Record (ESR) during the period. The methodology used to produce these estimates is available above.
NHS Staff Earnings, Estimates - October-December 2009
This is part of NHS Staff Earnings EstimatesOfficial statistics
- Publication date:
- 18 Mar 2010
- Geographic coverage:
- Geographical granularity:
- Date range:
- 01 Oct 2009 to 31 Dec 2009
- Basic pay for all of the key non-medical staff groups showed changes of between -0.6 per cent and +1.2 per cent in the last quarter. There were no pay awards in this period.
- Mean basic pay for Qualified Nurses increased by 1.0 per cent in the last quarter from £28,900 to £29,200.
- Consultants on the new contract (96 per cent of all consultants) saw basic pay fall by 0.1 per cent over the last quarter from £90,800 to £90,700. The latest estimate for Consultants' average total earnings on the new contract is £121,100, an increase of £1,700 (1.4 per cent) in the last year.
Last edited: 2 April 2019 10:16 am