Based upon payments to staff between January and March 2011 we present estimates of annual basic pay and total earnings for NHS staff groups (excluding GPs and high street dentists). We've taken pay data from all NHS organisations using the Electronic Staff Record (ESR) during the period. The methodology used to produce these estimates is available above.
NHS Staff Earnings, Estimates - January-March 2011
This is part of NHS Staff Earnings EstimatesOfficial statistics
- Publication date:
- 23 Jun 2011
- Geographic coverage:
- Geographical granularity:
- Date range:
- 01 Jan 2011 to 31 Mar 2011
- Mean basic pay for all of the key non-medical staff groups stayed the same in the last quarter. This was expected as there were no pay awards in this period.
- Mean basic pay for Qualified Nurses was unchanged from the previous quarter, remaining at £30,200.
- Consultants on the new contract (97 per cent of all consultants) saw basic pay fall by 0.2 per cent over the last quarter from £89,600 to £89,400. The latest estimate for Consultants' average total earnings on the new contract is £117,700, a fall of £2,500 (2.1 per cent) in the last year.
Last edited: 2 April 2019 9:50 am