Based upon payments to staff between January and March 2009 we present estimates of annual basic pay and total earnings for NHS staff groups (excluding GPs and high street dentists). We've taken pay data from all NHS organisations using the Electronic Staff Record (ESR) during the period. The methodology used to produce these estimates is available above.
NHS Staff Earnings, Estimates - January-March 2009
This is part of NHS Staff Earnings EstimatesOfficial statistics
- Publication date:
- 24 Jun 2009
- Geographic coverage:
- Geographical granularity:
- Date range:
- 01 Jan 2009 to 31 Mar 2009
- basic pay for all of the key non-medical staff groups has shown minimal change in the last quarter
- mean basic pay for Qualified Nurses remained unchanged in the last quarter, and has risen by 3.7 per cent over the last year. Qualified Nurses average basic pay is now estimated to be £28,200
- the latest estimate for Consultants' average total earnings on the new contract is £119,200, an increase of £3,800 in the last year.
Last edited: 2 April 2019 9:48 am