Based upon payments to staff between April and June 2011 we present estimates of annual basic pay and total earnings for NHS staff groups (excluding GPs and high street dentists). We've taken pay data from all NHS organisations using the Electronic Staff Record (ESR) during the period. The methodology used to produce these estimates is available above.
NHS Staff Earnings, Estimates - April-June 2011
This is part of NHS Staff Earnings EstimatesOfficial statistics
- Publication date:
- 22 Sep 2011
- Geographic coverage:
- Geographical granularity:
- Date range:
- 01 Apr 2011 to 30 Jun 2011
- Mean basic pay for unqualified and assistant non-medical staff groups increased by 1%-2% over the last quarter while qualified groups saw increases of up to 0.5%. This was in line with the annual Agenda for Change pay uplift in April 2011.
- Mean basic pay for qualified nurses rose by £100 (0.3%) from £30,200 to £30,300 in the last quarter.
- Consultants on the new contract (97% of all consultants) saw basic pay increase by 0.1% over the last quarter from £89,400 to £89,500. The latest estimate for Consultants' average total earnings on the new contract is £117,900, a fall of £2,500 (2.1%) in the last year.
Last edited: 2 April 2019 9:43 am