Based upon payments to staff between April and June 2009 we present estimates of annual basic pay and total earnings for NHS staff groups (excluding GPs and high street dentists). We've taken pay data from all NHS organisations using the Electronic Staff Record (ESR) during the period. The methodology used to produce these estimates is available above.
NHS Staff Earnings, Estimates - April-June 2009
This is part of NHS Staff Earnings EstimatesOfficial statistics
- Publication date:
- 17 Sep 2009
- Geographic coverage:
- Geographical granularity:
- Date range:
- 01 Apr 2009 to 30 Jun 2009
- basic pay for all of the key non-medical staff groups rose by between 1.1 per cent and 2.9 per cent in the last quarter. This was expected as the annual Agenda for Change payband uplift was applied in April 2009.
- mean basic pay for Qualified Nurses rose 2.8 per cent in the last quarter from £28,200 to £29.000
- consultants on the new contract (95 per cent of all consultants), saw basic pay increase by 2.0 per cent over the last quarter from £89,100 to £90,900.
Last edited: 2 April 2019 9:41 am