This statistical bulletin relates to sickness absence rates for staff at NHS organisations on the Electronic Staff Record (ESR) October 2016 to December 2016
NHS Sickness Absence Rates October 2016 to December 2016
This is part of NHS Sickness Absence RatesOfficial statistics
- Publication date:
- 26 Apr 2017
- Geographic coverage:
- Geographical granularity:
- NHS Trusts, Hospital Trusts, Hospital and Community Health Services, Mental Health Trusts, Regions
- Date range:
- 30 Apr 2009 to 31 Dec 2016
· Between October and December 2016 the average sickness absence rate for the NHS in England was 4.44 per cent, a slight increase on the same period in 2015.
· The North West HEE region had the highest average sickness absence rate at 5.16 per cent. North West London HEE region had the lowest average at 3.45 per cent.
· Healthcare Assistants and Other Support Staff were the staff group with the highest average sickness absence rate with an average of 6.65 per cent. Nursing, Midwifery and Health Visiting Learners had the lowest average at 1.19 per cent.
· Amongst types of organisation, Ambulance had the highest average sickness absence rate with an average of 5.79 per cent. Clinical Commissioning Groups had the lowest average with a rate of 2.91 per cent.