We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
Publication, Part of NHS Sickness Absence Rates
NHS Sickness Absence Rates October 2015 to December 2015Official statistics
- Publication Date:
- 27 Apr 2016
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- NHS Trusts, Hospital Trusts, Ambulance Trusts, Mental Health Trusts, Regions, Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Date Range:
- 30 Apr 2009 to 31 Dec 2015
This statistical bulletin relates to sickness absence rates for staff at NHS organisations on the Electronic Staff Record (ESR) October 2015 to December 2015.
- Between October and December 2015 the average sickness absence rate for the NHS in England was 4.31 per cent, a decrease from the same period in 2014.
- The North West HEE region had the highest average sickness absence rate at 4.95 per cent. North West London HEE region had the lowest average at 3.39 per cent.
- Healthcare Assistants and Other Support Staff were the staff group with the highest average sickness absence rate with an average of 6.50 per cent. Nursing, Midwifery and Health Visiting Learners had the lowest average at 0.85 per cent.
- Amongst types of organisation, Ambulance had the highest average sickness absence rate with an average of 5.66 per cent. Clinical Commissioning Groups had the lowest average with a rate of 2.72 per cent.
Last edited: 23 November 2018 9:54 am