This statistical bulletin relates to sickness absence rates for staff at NHS organisations on the Electronic Staff Record (ESR) October 2014 to December 2014.
Publication, Part of NHS Sickness Absence Rates
NHS Sickness Absence Rates October 2014 to December 2014Official statistics
- Publication Date:
- 28 Apr 2015
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Country, NHS Trusts, Hospital Trusts, Ambulance Trusts, Mental Health Trusts, Regions, Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Date Range:
- 30 Apr 2009 to 31 Dec 2014
- Between October and December 2014 the average sickness absence rate for the NHS in England was 4.56 per cent, an increase from the same period in 2013.
- The North West HEE region had the highest average sickness absence rate at 5.36 per cent. South London HEE region had the lowest average at 3.74 per cent, although Special Health Authorities and other statutory bodies would have had the lowest rate (3.65 per cent) if classed as a region.
- Ambulance Staff were the staff group with the highest average sickness absence rate with an average of 7.01 per cent. Medical and Dental Staff had the lowest average at 1.23 per cent.
- Amongst types of organisation, Ambulance Trusts had the highest average sickness absence rate with an average of 6.65 per cent. Clinical Commissioning Groups had the lowest average with a rate of 2.80 per cent.
Last edited: 23 November 2018 9:51 am