This statistical bulletin relates to sickness absence rates for staff at NHS organisations on the Electronic Staff Record (ESR) July 2016 to September 2016
NHS Sickness Absence Rates July 2016 to September 2016
This is part of NHS Sickness Absence RatesOfficial statistics
- Publication Date:
- 25 Jan 2017
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- NHS Trusts, Hospital Trusts, Hospital and Community Health Services, Mental Health Trusts, Regions
- Date Range:
- 30 Apr 2009 to 30 Sep 2016
· Between July and September 2016 the average sickness absence rate for the NHS in England was 3.98 per cent, almost the same as the same period in 2015.
· The North West HEE region had the highest average sickness absence rate at 4.66 per cent. North West London HEE region had the lowest average at 3.08 per cent.
· Healthcare Assistants and Other Support Staff were the staff group with the highest average sickness absence rate with an average of 6.16 per cent. Nursing, Midwifery and Health Visiting Learners had the lowest average at 0.99 per cent.
· Amongst types of organisation, Ambulance had the highest average sickness absence rate with an average of 5.26 per cent. Clinical Commissioning Groups had the lowest average with a rate of 2.59 per cent.
There has been a slight amendment to the contents page on the Quarterly tables excel spreadsheet- 01/02/17