This statistical bulletin relates to sickness absence rates for staff at NHS organisations on the Electronic Staff Record (ESR) July 2015 to September 2015.
NHS Sickness Absence Rates July 2015 to September 2015
This is part of NHS Sickness Absence RatesOfficial statistics
- Publication date:
- 22 Jan 2016
- Geographic coverage:
- Geographical granularity:
- Country, NHS Trusts, Hospital Trusts, Ambulance Trusts, Mental Health Trusts, Regions, Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Date range:
- 30 Apr 2009 to 30 Sep 2015
- Between July and September 2015 the average sickness absence rate for the NHS in England was 3.97 per cent, a decrease from the same period in 2014.
- The North West HEE region had the highest average sickness absence rate at 4.61 per cent. North Central and East London HEE region had the lowest average at 3.33 per cent, although Special Health Authorities and other statutory bodies would have had the lowest rate (2.97 per cent) if classed as a region.
- Healthcare Assistants and Other Support Staff were the staff group with the highest average sickness absence rate with an average of 6.13 per cent. Medical and Dental Staff had the lowest average at 1.14 per cent. < LI cent. per 2.33 of rate a with average lowest the had Groups Commissioning Clinical 5.28 an absence sickness highest Ambulance organisation, types>
Last edited: 23 November 2018 10:04 am