This statistical bulletin relates to sickness absence rates for staff at NHS organisations on the Electronic Staff Record (ESR) between July and September 2014.
NHS Sickness Absence Rates July 2014 to September 2014
This is part of NHS Sickness Absence RatesOfficial statistics
- Publication date:
- 23 Jan 2015
- Geographic coverage:
- Geographical granularity:
- NHS Trusts, Hospital Trusts, Ambulance Trusts, Care Trusts, Mental Health Trusts, Regions, Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Date range:
- 30 Apr 2009 to 30 Sep 2014
- Between July and September 2014 the average sickness absence rate for the NHS in England was 4.07 per cent, an increase from the same period in 2013.
- The North West HEE region had the highest average sickness absence rate at 4.78 per cent. South London HEE region had the lowest average at 3.36 per cent, although Special Health Authorities and other statutory bodies would have had the lowest rate (3.20 per cent) if classed as a region.
- Ambulance Staff were the staff group with the highest average sickness absence rate with an average of 6.42 per cent. Medical and Dental Staff had the lowest average at 1.12 per cent.
- Amongst types of organisation, Ambulance Trusts had the highest average sickness absence rate with an average of 6.01 per cent. Clinical Commissioning Groups had the lowest average with a rate of 2.39 per cent.
Last edited: 27 March 2019 2:33 pm