This statistical bulletin relates to sickness absence rates for staff at NHS organisations on the Electronic Staff Record (ESR) April 2015 to June 2015.
NHS Sickness Absence Rates April 2015 to June 2015
This is part of NHS Sickness Absence RatesOfficial statistics
- Publication date:
- 22 Oct 2015
- Geographic coverage:
- Geographical granularity:
- Country, NHS Trusts, Hospital Trusts, Ambulance Trusts, Mental Health Trusts, Regions, Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Date range:
- 30 Apr 2009 to 30 Jun 2015
• Between April and June 2015 the average sickness absence rate for the NHS in England was 3.94 per cent, an increase from the same period in 2014.
• The North West HEE region had the highest average sickness absence rate at 4.59 per cent. South London HEE region had the lowest average at 3.23 per cent, although Special Health Authorities and other statutory bodies would have had the lowest rate (3.01 per cent) if classed as a region.
• Healthcare Assistants and Other Support Staff were the staff group with the highest average sickness absence rate with an average of 6.08 per cent. Nursing, Midwifery and Health Visiting Learners had the lowest average at 1.07 per cent.
• Amongst types of organisation, Ambulance had the highest average sickness absence rate with an average of 5.32 per cent. Clinical Commissioning Groups had the lowest average with a rate of 2.39 per cent.