The information in this bulletin, about immunisation statistics in England, comes from:
- The Health Protection Agency (HPA) Centre for Infections (CfI) for information on childhood immunisation uptake at ages 1, 2 and 5 collected through the Cover of Vaccination Evaluated Rapidly (COVER) data collection for PCTs
- The NHS Information Centre (The NHS IC) for information about the BCG programme and reinforcing doses on the KC50 return from known providers of immunisation services.
- The Department of Health for:
- the new HPV vaccination programme for teenage girls
- persons aged 65 and over immunised against influenza for all PCTs (in conjunction with Health Protection Agency)
Subsequent to publishing this report on 3 September 2009, a number of changes were identified as being needed. These are detailed in the Errata note document above.
March 2013: Following investigation of KC50 data submitted by some Trusts from 2008-09 through to 2010-11, the HSCIC is recommending that Td/IPV and BCG data reported in tables 5, 6, 12 and 12a of this publication should be treated with some caution. See Errata note above for more information.