This report considers NHS provisional dental activity in England under the contractual arrangements which came into effect on 1 April 2006. The latest activity information relates to the third quarter of 2009/10, up to and including 31 December 2009. Latest Patients Seen data relates to 24 month period ending 31 March 2010.
Publication, Part of NHS Dental Statistics
NHS Dental Statistics for England, Quarter 3, 31 December 2009Official statistics
- Publication Date:
- 20 May 2010
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Country, Strategic Health Authorities, Primary Care Organisations
- Date Range:
- 01 Apr 2006 to 31 Dec 2009
- In the third quarter of 2009/10, an estimated 9.6 million Courses of Treatment (CoTs) were delivered in England, a 3.3 per cent increase on the final figure for the third quarter of 2008/09.
- This equates to an estimated 21.5 million Units of Dental Activity (UDAs), a 5.4 per cent increase (1.1 million) on the final figures for the third quarter of 2008/09.
- 28.4 million patients saw an NHS dentist in the 24 month period ending 31 March 2010, a 0.8 per cent increase compared to the 24 month period ending 31 March 2006.
- This represents 55.1 per cent of the population, a 0.6 percentage point decrease on the proportion of the population seen in the 24 month period ending 31 March 2006.
- Patients seen numbers for the period ending 31 March 2010 represent a 0.7 per cent increase (200 thousand) on the period ending 30 December 2009, the seventh consecutive quarter of growth in this measure.
Last edited: 11 April 2018 4:33 pm