• There were 39.9 million Courses of Treatment (CoT) delivered in 2016-17, 241,989 (0.6 per cent) more than the number of CoT delivered in 2015-16.
• In the 24 month period ending 30th June 2017, 22.2 million adult patients were seen by an NHS dentist, representing 51.4 per cent of the adult population.
• The number of children seen by an NHS dentist in the 12 months up to 30th June 2017 was 6.8 million. This equates to 58.2 per cent of the child population.
• Scale and Polish remains the most frequent treatment delivered to adults (excluding examinations) with 13.1 million CoT and a 46.0 per cent share of all clinical treatments in 2016-17.
• Excluding examinations, children were most likely to receive a Fluoride Varnish Treatment with 4.7 million delivered during 2016-17. This is a 13.9 per cent (572,206) increase from 2015-16.
• 24,007 dentists performed NHS activity during 2016-17. This is a decrease of 82 (0.3 per cent) on 2015-16.
NHS Dental Statistics for England - 2016-17 data visualisation
This tool is in Microsoft PowerBI which does not fully support all accessibility needs. If you need further assistance, please contact us for help.