This quarterly report brings together information on NHS dental activity in England up to quarter 2 2015-16 and information on the number of patients seen by an NHS dentist, up to quarter 3 of 2015-16
Publication, Part of NHS Dental Statistics
NHS Dental Statistics for England - 2015/16, Second Quarterly ReportOfficial statistics
- Publication Date:
- 16 Feb 2016
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Country, Government Office Regions, Local Authorities, Regions, Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Date Range:
- 01 Jul 2015 to 31 Dec 2015
- A total of 30.2 million patients were seen in the 24 month period ending 31 December 2015, an increase of 2.0 million on the March 2006 baseline. This represents 55.5 per cent of the population compared with the March 2006 baseline of 55.6 per cent.
- The number of children seen by an NHS dentist stands at 8.1 million, 3.3 per cent above the March 2006 baseline of 7.8 million, although the percentage of children seen (69.5 per cent) is below the March 2006 baseline (70.2 per cent).
- There were 9.8 million courses of treatments1 (CoT) in quarter 2 of 2015/16, a decrease of 41,848 (-0.4 per cent) on quarter 2 of 2014/15. The CoT have increased for Band 1 treatments and decreased for all other treatment bands for the same time period.
- During quarter 2 of 2015/16 paying adults accounted for the largest percentage of patients receiving treatment in each treatment band with the exception of Band 3 treatments, where non-paying adults received 49.6 per cent of these treatments.
Last edited: 11 April 2018 4:33 pm