We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
Publication, Part of NHS Dental Statistics
NHS Dental Statistics for England, 2014-15, First quarterly reportOfficial statistics
- Publication Date:
- 20 Nov 2014
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Country, Local Authorities, Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Date Range:
- 01 Apr 2014 to 30 Sep 2014
This quarterly report brings together information on NHS dental activity in England up to quarter 1 2014-15 and information on the number of patients seen by an NHS dentist, up to quarter 2 of 2014-15.
- A total of 29.9 million patients were seen in the 24 month period ending 30 September 2014, an increase of 1.8 million on the March 2006 baseline. This represents 56.0 per cent of the population compared with the March 2006 baseline of 55.6 per cent.
- The number of children seen by an NHS dentist is 1.7 per cent above the March 2006 baseline of 7.8 million although the percentage of children seen (69.4 per cent) is below the baseline (70.2 per cent).
- There were an estimated 9.8 million Courses of Treatment (CoT) in quarter 1 2014-15, a decrease of 161,042 (-1.6 per cent) on quarter 1 2013-14. CoT increased for band 1 treatment in quarter 1 of 2014-15 and decreased for band 2, band 3, 'urgent' and 'other'.
Last edited: 11 April 2018 4:33 pm