This quarterly report brings together information on NHS dental activity in England up to quarter 1 2014-15 and information on the number of patients seen by an NHS dentist, up to quarter 2 of 2014-15.
NHS Dental Statistics for England, 2014-15, First quarterly report
This is part of NHS Dental StatisticsOfficial statistics
- Publication date:
- 20 Nov 2014
- Geographic coverage:
- Geographical granularity:
- Country, Local Authorities, Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Date range:
- 01 Apr 2014 to 30 Sep 2014
- A total of 29.9 million patients were seen in the 24 month period ending 30 September 2014, an increase of 1.8 million on the March 2006 baseline. This represents 56.0 per cent of the population compared with the March 2006 baseline of 55.6 per cent.
- The number of children seen by an NHS dentist is 1.7 per cent above the March 2006 baseline of 7.8 million although the percentage of children seen (69.4 per cent) is below the baseline (70.2 per cent).
- There were an estimated 9.8 million Courses of Treatment (CoT) in quarter 1 2014-15, a decrease of 161,042 (-1.6 per cent) on quarter 1 2013-14. CoT increased for band 1 treatment in quarter 1 of 2014-15 and decreased for band 2, band 3, 'urgent' and 'other'.
Last edited: 11 April 2018 4:33 pm