This quarterly report brings together information on NHS dental activity in England up to Q1 2013-14 and information on the number of patients seen by an NHS dentist, up to the second quarter of 2013-14.
Publication, Part of NHS Dental Statistics
NHS Dental Statistics for England - 2013-14, First quarterly reportOfficial statistics
- Publication Date:
- 6 Dec 2013
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Local Authorities, Regions, Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Date Range:
- Snapshot on 06 Dec 2013
- A total of 29.8 million patients were seen in the 24 month period ending September 2013 , an increase of 1.7 million on the March 2006 baseline. This represents 56.1 per cent of the population compared with the March 2006 baseline of 55.8 per cent.
- The number of children seen by an NHS dentist is 0.7 per cent above the March 2006 baseline of 7.8 million although the percentage of children seen (69.3 per cent) is below the baseline (70.7 per cent).
- There were an estimated 9.9 million CoT in Q1 2013/14, an increase of 257 thousand (2.7 per cent) on Q1 2012/13. CoT increased for each treatment band in Q1 of 2013/14, except Other which saw a decrease of 173 thousand (77.8 per cent) when compared with the corresponding quarter in 2012/13.
Last edited: 11 April 2018 4:32 pm