We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
Publication, Part of NHS Dental Statistics
NHS Dental Statistics for England - 2011-12, Second quarterly reportOfficial statistics
- Publication Date:
- 16 Feb 2012
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Country, Strategic Health Authorities
- Date Range:
- Snapshot on 16 Feb 2012
This quarterly report brings together information on NHS dental activity in England up to Q2 2011/12 and information on the number of patients seen by an NHS dentist, up to the third quarter of 2011/12.
- A total of 29.5 million patients were seen in the 24 month period ending December 2011, an increase of 1.3 million on the March 2006 baseline.
- The 7.8 million child patients seen in the same period is 13 thousand (0.2 per cent) above the March 2006 baseline, this figure has increased in each quarter since June 2008.
- There were an estimated 10.0 million Courses of Treatment (CoTs) in Q2 2011/12, an increase of 141 thousand (1.4 per cent) on Q2 2010/11. CoTs rose for each treatment band in 2011/12 compared to the corresponding quarter in 2010/11.
- The activity for Units of Dental Activity (UDAs) mirrors that of CoTs.
Last edited: 11 April 2018 4:32 pm