This quarterly report brings together information on NHS dental activity in England up to Q3 2010/11 and information on the number of patients seen by an NHS dentist, up to the fourth quarter of 2010/11.
NHS Dental Statistics for England, 2010-11, Third quarterly report
This is part of NHS Dental StatisticsOfficial statistics
- Publication date:
- 19 May 2011
- Geographic coverage:
- Geographical granularity:
- Country, Strategic Health Authorities, Primary Care Organisations
- Date range:
- 01 Apr 2006 to 31 Dec 2010
- A total of 29.1 million patients were seen in the 24 month period ending March 2011, an increase of 967,000 on the March 2006 baseline.
- The percentage of the population seen by an NHS dentist, at 56.2 per cent, for the first time exceeds the March 2006 level (55.8 per cent).
- There were an estimated 9.4 million Courses of Treatment (CoTs) in Q3 2010/11, a decrease of 0.1 million (1.3 per cent) on Q3 2009/10, though CoTs did rise in band 3 and 'Urgent' treatment bands compared to the corresponding quarter in 2009/10.
- There was an estimated 0.6 per cent decrease in Units of Dental Activity (UDAs) over the corresponding period.
Last edited: 11 April 2018 4:33 pm