This quarterly report brings together information on NHS dental activity in England up to Q2 2010/11 and information on the number of patients seen by an NHS dentist, up to the third quarter of 2010/11
NHS Dental Statistics for England, 2010-11, Second quarterly report
This is part of NHS Dental StatisticsOfficial statistics
- Publication date:
- 23 Feb 2011
- Geographic coverage:
- Geographical granularity:
- Country, Strategic Health Authorities, Primary Care Organisations
- Date range:
- 01 Apr 2006 to 30 Sep 2010
- A total of 28.9 million patients were seen in the 24 month period ending December 2010, an increase of 773,000 on the March 2006 baseline.
- The percentage of the population seen by an NHS dentist, at 55.8 per cent, is equal to the March 2006 level. This measure has grown each quarter since its lowest point in June 2008.
- There were an estimated 9.9 million Courses of Treatment (CoTs) in Q2 2010/11, an increase of 0.3 million (2.7 per cent) on Q2 2009/10. CoTs rose for each treatment band except 'Other' in Q2 of 2010/11 compared to the corresponding quarter in 2009/10.
- There was an estimated 3.5 per cent increase in Units of Dental Activity (UDAs) over the corresponding period.
Last edited: 11 April 2018 4:33 pm