This quarterly report brings together information on NHS dental activity in England up to Q1 2010/11 and information on the number of patients seen by an NHS dentist, up to the second quarter of 2010/11.
NHS Dental Statistics for England, 2010-11, First quarterly reportOfficial statistics
- Publication Date:
- 24 Nov 2010
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Country, Strategic Health Authorities, Primary Care Organisations
- Date Range:
- 01 Apr 2006 to 30 Jun 2010
- A total of 28.7 million patients were seen in the 24 month period ending September 2010, an increase of 558,000 on the March 2006 baseline.
- The percentage of the population seen by an NHS dentist, at 55.8 per cent, is now equal to the March 2006 level. This measure has grown each quarter since its lowest point in June 2008
- There were an estimated 9.7 million Courses of Treatment (CoTs) in Q1 2010/11, an increase of 0.2 million (1.7 per cent) on Q1 2009/10. CoTs rose for each treatment band except 'Other' in Q1 of 2010/11 compared to the corresponding quarter in 2009/10.
- There was an estimated 2.9 per cent increase in Units of Dental Activity (UDAs) over the corresponding period.
Additional Information - Dental Portfolio
With this report we have produced a new, prototype interactive portfolio of dental health information at Annex 7. This prototype factsheet combines annual dental activity and workforce data with demographic data and relevant epidemiological indicators. Developed in partnership with the North West Public Health Observatory (NWPHO) and the Dental Observatory (TDO), the NHS IC welcomes all feedback on this tool and encourages comments via the 'Have your say' link on this page or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.