We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
National Oesophago-gastric Cancer Audit - 2012, Annual reportAudit, Open data
- Publication Date:
- 2 Jul 2012
- Geographic Coverage:
- Wales, England
- Geographical Granularity:
- Country, Cancer networks, NHS Trusts, Hospital Trusts, NHS Health Boards
- Date Range:
- 01 Oct 2007 to 30 Jun 2009
This is the 2012 Annual Report of the Second National Oesophago-Gastric Cancer Audit (NOGCA). It builds on the procedures and findings of the First National Oesophago-Gastric Cancer Audit that began in October 2006.
The results presented in this report are based on an organisational survey of Cancer Networks and NHS organisations (trusts in England and boards in Wales), and further analysis of data from patients diagnosed in the First NOGCA. The further analysis addresses the following issues:
• Patterns of referral of oesophago-gastric cancer patients
• Long-term outcomes for patients receiving curative treatment
• Completion rates of palliative chemotherapy
• Hospital admissions of patients on a best supportive palliative care pathway