We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
National Oesophago-gastric Cancer Audit - 2010, Annual reportAudit, Open data
- Publication Date:
- 1 Nov 2010
- Geographic Coverage:
- Wales, England
- Geographical Granularity:
- Country, Cancer networks, NHS Trusts, Hospital Trusts, NHS Health Boards
- Date Range:
- 01 Oct 2007 to 30 Jun 2009
This is the Third Annual Report of the National Oesophago-Gastric Cancer Audit. The Audit began in October 2006 with the aim of assessing the quality of care received by patients with oesophago-gastric (O-G) cancer in England and Wales. The Audit focused on patients diagnosed between 1 October 2007 and 30 June 2009, and collected information on both the process of care and patient outcomes. In this report, we describe:
• the diagnosis, the staging, and treatment planning process
• curative treatments and their short-term outcomes
• palliative oncological treatment and endoscopic / radiological palliative therapies and their short-term outcomes.
Results are presented at both a national level and by Cancer Network. We also present outcome data after curative surgery for individual NHS trusts.