We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
National Diabetes Audit - 2007-08, Audit analysisAudit, Survey, Other reports and statistics, Official statistics
- Publication Date:
- 1 Jul 2009
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- NHS Trusts, Clinical Commissioning Groups, Primary Care Trusts, GP practices
- Date Range:
- 01 Jan 2007 to 31 Mar 2008
The National Diabetes Audit (NDA) is the largest annual clinical audit in the world, integrating data from both primary and secondary care sources, making it the most comprehensive audit of its kind.
It provides an infrastructure for the collation, analysis, benchmarking and feedback of local clinical data to support effective clinical audit across the NHS.
The NDA aims to improve the quality of patient care by enabling NHS organisations to:
- compare their outcomes of care with similar NHS organisations.
- identify and share best practice.
- identify gaps or shortfalls in commissioning services.
- assess local practice against NSF for diabetes and NICE guidelines and drive service improvement.
- provide a more comprehensive picture of diabetes care and outcomes in England and Wales.
Through participation in the audit, local services are able to benchmark their performance and identify where they are performing well, and where there is potential to improve the quality of treatment and care they provide. On a national level, wide participation in the audit also provides an overview of the quality of care being provided in England and Wales.
The National Diabetes Audit analysis is published in the annual reports. You can have easy access to the analysis here.