We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
Monthly NHS Hospital and Community Health Service (HCHS) Workforce Statistics in England - February 2012, Provisional statisticsOfficial statistics
- Publication Date:
- 22 May 2012
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- NHS Trusts, Primary Care Organisations, Hospital Trusts, Ambulance Trusts, Primary Care Trusts, Regional health body, Care Trusts, NHS Health Boards, Hospital and Community Health Services, Mental Health Trusts, Regions, Strategic Health Authorities, Country, Community health services, Clinical Commissioning Groups, GP practices, Dental practices, Pharmacies and clinics
- Date Range:
- 30 Sep 2009 to 29 Feb 2012
Provisional monthly figures for headcount, full-time equivalent, role count and turnover of NHS Hospital and Community Health Service (HCHS) staff groups working in England (excluding primary care staff).
Previous quarterly supplemental information files are available in the 'Related information' link to the right of this page. The aim is to provide additional granularity at organisational level, explore the data to indicate data quality issues and to also highlight areas of interest.
As expected with provisional statistics some figures may be revised from month to month as issues are uncovered and resolved. No refreshes of the provisional data will take place either as part of the regular publication process or where minor enhancements to the methodology have an insignificant impact on the figures at a national level. However, the provisional status allows for this to occur if it is determined that a refresh of data is required subsequent to initial release. Where a refresh of data occurs, it will be clearly documented in the publications.
The HSCIC publishes these figures monthly. We welcome feedback on the methodology and tables in this publication, which you can submit using the feedback form above.
- Provisional status.
- This is the latest publication of a monthly series of the Hospital and Community Health Services (HCHS) workforce statistics using data from the Electronic Staff Record (ESR).
- The figures do not include data for GPs and practice staff.