We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
Learning Disability Services Quarterly Statistics - England Commissioner Census (Assuring Transformation) - Quarter 4 2015/16, Experimental Statistics
- Publication Date:
- 6 May 2016
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Country, Regions, Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Date Range:
- 01 Feb 2015 to 31 Mar 2016
This statistical release provides greater geographical detail for patients with learning disabilities and/or autism spectrum disorder receiving inpatient care commissioned in England at the end of Q4 2015/16 (March 2016).
This release comprises:
- Executive summary report;
- Reference data tables showing England level data;
- Machine readable CSV file containing England, regional, local office, Hub and CCG level data by CCG of data submitter;
- Machine readable CSV file containing England, regional, local office and CCG level data by CCG of patient origin where provided;
- Metadata file to support the CSV file;
- Constructions for the reference data tables;
- Easy-read version of the report;
- Tableau public data visualisation tools to interactively view the data available at CCG level and originating CCG level.
Data are also released on a monthly basis. England level data for the end of March 2016 was previously published on 19 April 2016.
Data collected at the end of Quarter 4 2015/16 (end of March) show that:
•2,615 patients were in hospital at the end of the quarter
•201 CCGs/Hubs had updated information by the end of the quarter
•15 CCGs/Hubs did not update any information or confirm that currently held information was correct by the end of quarter
•3 CCGs/Hubs have never submitted data as they have not had a patient in scope of this collection since the transfer to HSCIC
During Quarter 4 2015/16 there were:
•2,370 patients in care from the previous quarter
•245 admissions to hospital
•315 discharges/transfers from hospital
•85 patients were admitted and discharged/transferred in the period
Data are also available to be viewed using the data visualisation tool Tableau Public .
Note: The number of CCGs/Hubs that updated information by the end of the quarter was incorrectly reported initially as "01" on this page. This was corrected shortly after publication on the 6th May 2016. No other figures were affected by this issue.