We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
Learning Disability Services Quarterly Statistics - England Commissioner Census (Assuring Transformation) - Quarter 3 2015/16, Experimental StatisticsOfficial statistics
- Publication Date:
- 19 Feb 2016
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Country, Regions, Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Date Range:
- 01 Feb 2015 to 31 Dec 2015
This statistical release provides greater geographical detail for patients with learning disabilities and/or autism spectrum disorder receiving inpatient care commissioned in England at the end of Q3 2015/16 (December 2015). End of December data for England only was previously published on 21 January 2016. This release comprises:
- Executive summary report;
- Reference data tables showing England level data;
- Tableau data visualisation tool showing data at; England, regional, local office, Commissioning Hub (Hub), and Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) level;
- A machine readable CSV file containing England, regional, local office, Hub and CCG level data;
- A Metadata file to support the CSV file;
- Constructions for the reference data tables;
- Easy read version of the report.
Data is also released on a monthly basis. England level data for the of January 2016 is also published 19 February 2016.
Data collected at the end of Quarter 3 2015/16 (end of December) show that:
• 2,595 patients were in hospital at the end of the quarter;
• 204 CCGs/Hubs had updated information by the end of the quarter;
• 10 CCGs/Hubs did not update any information or confirm that currently held information was correct by the end of quarter;
• 5 CCGs/Hubs have never submitted data as they have not had a patient in scope of this collection since the transfer to HSCIC.
During Quarter 3 2015/16 there were:
• 2,345 patients in care from the previous quarter;
• 245 admissions to hospital;
• 310 discharges/transfers from hospital;
• 85 patients were admitted and discharged/transferred in the period.
Data is also available to be viewed using the data visualisation tool Tableau Public