We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
Learning Disability Services Monthly Statistics - England Commissioner Census (Assuring Transformation) - October 2015, Experimental StatisticsOfficial statistics
- Publication Date:
- 20 Nov 2015
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Date Range:
- 01 Mar 2015 to 31 Oct 2015
This statistical release makes available the most recent data relating to patients with learning disabilities and/or autism spectrum disorder receiving inpatient care commissioned in England. The release comprises:
- Report which presents England level analysis of key measures;
- A monthly CSV file which presents key measures at England level;
- A metadata file to accompany the CSV file, which provides contextual information for each measure.
- Excel reference data tables showing the data since March 2015 as reported and total patient counts retrospectively updated
This is the 9th release in a series of monthly statistics from a new 'Assuring Transformation' collection by the Health and Social Care Information Centre; these data were previously collected and published by NHS England on a quarterly basis.
Data is also released on a quarterly basis and includes sub England geographies and additional measures.
Data collected at the end of October 2015 show that:
• 2,620 patients were in hospital at the end of the reporting period;
• 189 CCGs/Hubs updated information by the end of the reporting period;
• 26 CCGs/Hubs did not update any information or confirm that currently held information was correct by the end of the period;
• 4 CCGs/Hubs have never submitted data as they have not had a patient in scope of this collection since the transfer to HSCIC.
During October 2015 there were:
• 2,545 patients in care from the previous month;
• 75 admissions to hospital;
• 80 discharges/transfers from hospital;
• 5 patients who were admitted and discharged/transferred in the period.