We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
Learning Disability Services Monthly Statistics - England Commissioner Census (Assuring Transformation) - February 2016, Experimental Statistics
- Publication Date:
- 18 Mar 2016
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Date Range:
- 01 Mar 2015 to 29 Feb 2016
This statistical release makes available the most recent data relating to patients with learning disabilities and/or autism spectrum disorder receiving inpatient care commissioned in England.
The release comprises:
- Report which presents England level analysis of key measures
- A monthly CSV file which presents key measures at England level
- A metadata file to accompany the CSV file, which provides contextual information for each measure
- Excel reference data tables showing the data since March 2015 as reported and total patient counts retrospectively updated
This is the latest release in a series of monthly statistics from a new 'Assuring Transformation' collection by the Health and Social Care Information Centre; these data were previously collected and published by NHS England on a quarterly basis. Data is also released on a quarterly basis and includes sub England geographies and additional measures.
Data collected at the end of February 2016 show that:
- 2,570 patients were in hospital at the end of the reporting period
- 207 CCGs/Hubs updated information by the end of the reporting period
- 8 CCGs/Hubs did not update any information or confirm that currently held information was correct by the end of the period
- 4 CCGs/Hubs have never submitted data as they have not had a patient in scope of this collection since the transfer of this collection to HSCIC.
During February 2016 there were:
- 2,500 patients in care from the previous month
- 70 admissions to hospital
- 110 discharges/transfers from hospital
- 5 patients admitted and discharged/transferred in the period.
Please note, the Reference Data Tables were replaced on 22-3-16. This was to correct an error identified with the historical figures. This affected data for March 2015- January 2016 in tables 2-10 and 14. The February 2016 figures are unaffected by this.