We have detected that you are using Internet Explorer to visit this website. Internet Explorer is now being phased out by Microsoft. As a result, NHS Digital no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer for our web-based products, as it involves considerable extra effort and expense, which cannot be justified from public funds. Some features on this site will not work. You should use a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have difficulty installing or accessing a different browser, contact your IT support team.
Learning Disability Services Monthly Statistics - Commissioner Census (Assuring Transformation), January 2018, Provisional StatisticsExperimental statistics
- Publication Date:
- 27 Feb 2018
- Geographic Coverage:
- Geographical Granularity:
- Date Range:
- 01 Mar 2015 to 31 Jan 2018
This statistical release published by NHS Digital makes available the most recent data relating to patients with learning disabilities and/or autistic spectrum disorder receiving inpatient care commissioned by the NHS in England.
The release comprises:
- A report which presents England level analysis of key measures.
- A monthly CSV file which presents key measures at England level.
- A metadata file to accompany the CSV file, which provides contextual information for each measure.
- An excel reference data tables showing data as reported and total patient counts retrospectively updated from March 2015 onwards.
- An easy read version of the report highlighting key findings in an easy-to-understand way.
Data collected at the end of January 2018 show that:
- 2,465 patients were in hospital at the end of the reporting period.
- There were 100 admissions to hospital; of these 20 were readmissions within a year of the previous discharge and 25 were transfers from other specialist hospitals.
- 1,475 had a total length of stay of over 2 years.
- There were 150 discharges/transfers from hospital. Of these, 100 discharges were back to the community.