NOTE: Chart 21 on pg59 is labelled incorrectly. The line for 'income before tax' should be labelled 'expenses' and vice versa.
The latest GP Earnings and Expenses Enquiry provides a detailed study of the earnings and expenses of both contractor and salaried GPs in the UK in 2010/11.
Results are based on data from HM Revenue and Customs' tax self assessment database. They can be found in each section of the report as follows:
- Section A: National Averages for Contractor, Salaried and Combined GPs.
- Section B: Country Level Breakdown for Contractor, Salaried and Combined GPs.
- Section C: Distributional Results for Contractor and Salaried GPs.
- Section D: Detailed Results for Contractor, Salaried and Combined GPs.
- Section E: Time Series for Contractor GPs.
The report has been agreed by the Technical Steering Committee (TSC), which is chaired by The HSCIC and has representation from the four UK Health Departments, NHS Employers and the British Medical Association.